SUPERINTENDENT SEARCH INFORMATION
The Lisbon Public School District educates 615 students grades Pre K – 12 and employs about 100 staff members. Our campus includes multiple separate buildings located on over 20 acres on the west side of Lisbon, North Dakota: the Elementary School (K-4), Middle School (5-8), High School (9-12), gymnasium, bus terminal, learning center, heating plant, storage building, and sports complex. The District encompasses over 435 square miles, and our community balances the nostalgia of rural living with progressive amenities. Our student/teacher ratio is 13.81 to 1, with our 5 year enrollment trend showing numbers remaining steady.
This summer, the District put our building fund to work updating our facilities with additions to the elementary and middle school buildings. Our outdoor Bronco Athletic Complex was completed in 2017 and provides a beautiful location for football and track/field competitions.
Our staff and community take pride in providing meaningful, innovative opportunities for our students. The Lisbon Community Endowment Fund and Lisbon Public Schools Endowment Fund have provided resources necessary for our educational leaders to create one-of-a-kind projects such as a Middle School Leadership Team and a sensory path in our elementary. Projects also extend out into the community, such as the Agriculture Department’s initiative to create monuments for previously unmarked graves at one of our cemeteries. Our Oral History Partnership between elementary students and local nursing home residents and our Bronco News Production were also both statewide place-based learning grant winners. Our state-of-the-art SmartLab provides curricular as well as after-school opportunities for students to explore STEAM.
MISSION: All students will learn, experience success, and be good citizens.
VISION: LPS district has an evolving and innovative curriculum that meets the diverse needs of students and equips them to be positive and contributing members of society.
WE VALUE: Commitment to continuous improvement, innovation and creativity, safe and supportive schools, effective communication, our relationship with the community, and the achievement and growth of each individual associated with Lisbon Public Schools.
- Operating on 60 mill district property & 12 mill miscellaneous general, 3 mill special reserve, 20 mill building fund, and 1 mill asbestos
- $7.7 Million General Fund Operating Budget (taxable value of about $20 million)
- Gen. fund ending balance projected over $2 million (24% gen. fund expenditures)
- Revenues by source:
– 74% State
– 20% local
– 3% federal
– 3% other
Lisbon Public School Seeks a Superintendent Who:
- is supportive of staff initiative and promotes continued professional growth.
- promotes a professional environment by employing effective people skills.
- demonstrates strong leadership skills required to respond to challenges and opportunities the position presents.
- approaches problem solving and vision planning with innovation and creativity.
- promotes a safe and supportive work and learning environment through compassionate leadership.
- possesses the skills to effectively manage financial resources.
- communicates effectively through speaking, listening, and writing.
- puts forth a positive image of the district.
- demonstrates intentions of longevity, stability, and commitment to being a Bronco and to the Lisbon community.
LPS encourages all qualified candidates to apply. Candidates must hold a ND teaching certificate through ESPB and hold the superintendent endorsement from Department of Public Instruction.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
Salary will be in the range of $120,000- $160,000 plus an excellent benefit package that includes both sides of TFFR, LTD, Health Insurance, and more. Final salary for the successful candidate will be determined based on proven experience, qualifications, and meeting Board of Education criteria.
DEADLINE & SELECTION:
All materials submitted as part of the superintendent application will remain confidential to the extent allowed by law, which includes board review in a closed session of the Board of Education. After all applications have been reviewed and preliminary interviews conducted by the hiring committee, the board will consider and select candidates for final interviews. Start date for the selected candidate is July 1, 2021.
Board members may elect to visit the communities of finalists for the position of superintendent. Persons wishing to be considered for the position should submit an application file online including:
- A letter of application stating personal qualifications, experiences, and reasons for interest in the position.
- The online application form and resume.
- Four current letters of recommendation.
- Official transcripts for the highest degree obtained.
Applications Due By January 24, 2021
The Lisbon Public School Board does not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, religion, sex, national origin, or age in access to, employment in, or in the provision of any programs, benefits or activities. Lisbon Public Schools District #19 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants for this position are not eligible for Veterans Preference.