COVID-19 Decision Tree for Schools
Send home or deny entry if ANY of the following symptoms are present:
Fever (100.4F or higher) OR two or more of the following symptoms: fatigue, headache, muscle/body aches, chills, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, congestion/runny nose, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain OR loss of taste and/or smell. This is in addition to general infectious disease exclusion guidance. Parents of children who are ill should contact their child’s health care provider. CDC does not recommend universal symptom screenings (screening all students grades K-12) be conducted by schools. Parents/caregivers should be encouraged to monitor their children for signs of infectious illness every day.
Child is ill, but has seen a health care provider:
- Tested Positive for COVID-19 *c Stay home at least 10 calendar days from onset of symptoms and for 24 hours with no fever and improvement of symptoms – whichever is longer.
- Clinically diagnosed (not tested) for COVID-19. Stay home at least 10 calendar days from onset of symptoms and for 24 hours with no fever and improvement of symptoms – whichever is longer.
- Alternate clinical diagnosis or laboratory confirmed condition (e.g., norovirus, strep throat). Follow provider directions/ recommended treatment & return guidance: Follow the Child Care
and School Infectious Disease Guidance.
Child is ill, but has not seen a health care provider:
- Symptoms listed above. Stay home at least 10 calendar days from onset and for 24 hours with no fever and improvement of symptoms – whichever is longer.
- Other symptoms not consistent with COVID-19: Follow the Child Care and School Infectious Disease Guidance.
Child was identified by public health as a close contact to someone with covid-19:
- Regardless if symptoms present or not, Stay home at least 14 calendar days from the last time exposed to a COVID-19 case. Contacts should be tested 7 -10 days after last exposure. 14-day quarantine must continue regardless of test results.
* Siblings & household members also stay home for 14 days from last exposure to a COVID-19 case while contagious
Lisbon Public Schools would like to remind families that all students eat for free this entire school year. Please take advantage of the grab n go style breakfasts available in the mornings. Have your student dropped off at the school early enough to participate. The...
October 8, 2020 Dear Lisbon SD Parent/Guardian and Staff: On October 1, and October 7, 2020, Governor Doug Burgum released new guidance for quarantine, mask use and turned our county risk level of COVID-19 from Green down to Blue. Download the Guidance Guide Here View...
Beginning Tuesday, September 22, all spectators at activities taking place on the grounds of Lisbon Public Schools will be required to wear masks. We previously did not have requirements on outdoor activities in place; however, due to the rising COVID cases in North...
FLU SYMTOMS:Begin in 1-4 days after exposureCaused by different influenza virus strainsComplications may not occur due to immunity built up over timePrevention includes an annual flu shotCOVID SYMPTONS:Begin 1-14 days after exposure, typically around day 5Caused by...