COVID-19 Decision Tree for Schools
Send home or deny entry if ANY of the following symptoms are present:
Fever (100.4F or higher) OR two or more of the following symptoms: fatigue, headache, muscle/body aches, chills, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, congestion/runny nose, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain OR loss of taste and/or smell. This is in addition to general infectious disease exclusion guidance. Parents of children who are ill should contact their child’s health care provider. CDC does not recommend universal symptom screenings (screening all students grades K-12) be conducted by schools. Parents/caregivers should be encouraged to monitor their children for signs of infectious illness every day.
Child is ill, but has seen a health care provider:
- Tested Positive for COVID-19 *c Stay home at least 10 calendar days from onset of symptoms and for 24 hours with no fever and improvement of symptoms – whichever is longer.
- Clinically diagnosed (not tested) for COVID-19. Stay home at least 10 calendar days from onset of symptoms and for 24 hours with no fever and improvement of symptoms – whichever is longer.
- Alternate clinical diagnosis or laboratory confirmed condition (e.g., norovirus, strep throat). Follow provider directions/ recommended treatment & return guidance: Follow the Child Care
and School Infectious Disease Guidance.
Child is ill, but has not seen a health care provider:
- Symptoms listed above. Stay home at least 10 calendar days from onset and for 24 hours with no fever and improvement of symptoms – whichever is longer.
- Other symptoms not consistent with COVID-19: Follow the Child Care and School Infectious Disease Guidance.
Child was identified by public health as a close contact to someone with covid-19:
- Regardless if symptoms present or not, Stay home at least 14 calendar days from the last time exposed to a COVID-19 case. Contacts should be tested 7 -10 days after last exposure. 14-day quarantine must continue regardless of test results.
* Siblings & household members also stay home for 14 days from last exposure to a COVID-19 case while contagious
Five-day Week in-person to begin 2nd Semester!
Dear Lisbon Parent/Guardian and Staff: During last night’s meeting, the Lisbon school board voted to re-instate the five-day week in-person model beginning with our second semester beginning January 19. The decision to eliminate Fridays for...
NDHSAA Regular Season Attendance Guidelines Yellow/Moderate Risk Level – Effective – 1/8/21
*The following event tiers will be used to determine maximum fan allowances for NDHSAA regular season events in accordance with ND Smart Restart Guidelines. Yellow/Moderate Risk Levels are: Tier Seating Capacity Maximum Number of fans 1 ...
Restrictions – Mask required at all outdoor activities
Beginning Tuesday, September 22, all spectators at activities taking place on the grounds of Lisbon Public Schools will be required to wear masks. We previously did not have requirements on outdoor activities in place; however, due to the rising COVID cases in North...
Flu vs COVID-19 Differences & Similarities
FLU SYMTOMS:Begin in 1-4 days after exposureCaused by different influenza virus strainsComplications may not occur due to immunity built up over timePrevention includes an annual flu shotCOVID SYMPTONS:Begin 1-14 days after exposure, typically around day 5Caused by...