Free & Reduced Lunch Application & Info

Dear Family:

Children need healthy meals to learn. Lisbon Public School offers healthy meals every school day.  Breakfast is $2.00 and lunch is $2.75 for grades K-4 and $3.00 for grades 5-12. Other programs such as Title I rely on area income eligibility. If your household income is below the numbers in the chart below, please fill out the enclosed income application and return to the school. To be considered for any other income-based programs the district may offer, please fill out the “Release of Information Form” as well.

  1. Do I need to fill out an application for each child? Complete the application to apply for free or reduced price meals. Use one Free and Reduced Price School Meals Application for all students in your household. We cannot approve an application that is not complete, so be sure to fill out all required information. Return the completed application to: Your students building secretary or the main office in the High School.
  2. Who can get free meals? All children in households receiving benefits from the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) the Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR) or the Temporary Assistance Program for Needy Families (TANF) can get free meals regardless of your income. Also, your children can get free or reduced price meals if your household income is within the limits on the Federal Income Chart.
  3. CAN FOSTER CHILDREN GET FREE MEALS? Yes, foster children that are under the legal responsibility of a foster care agency or court are eligible for free meals. Any foster child in the household is eligible for free meals regardless of income.
  4. Can homeless, runaway, and migrant children get free meals? If you haven’t been told your children will get free meals, please call the school at 701-683-4106 to see if they qualify.
  5. Should I fill out an application if I received a letter this school year saying my children are approved for free meals? Please read the letter you got carefully and follow the instructions.
  6. My child’s application was approved last year. Do I need to fill out another one? Your child’s application is only good for that school year and for the first few days of this school year. You must send in a new application unless the school told you that your child is eligible for the new school year.
  7. I get WIC. Can my child(ren) get free meals? Children in households participating in WIC may be eligible for free or reduced price meals. Please fill out an application.
  8. Will the information I give be checked? Yes, we may also ask you to send written proof of income.
  9. If I don’t qualify now, may I apply later? Yes, you may apply at any time during the school year if your household size goes up, income goes down, or if you start receiving SNAP TANF or FDPIR. If you lose your job, your children may be able to get free or reduced price meals during the time you are unemployed.
  10. What if I disagree with the school’s decision about my application? You should talk to school officials. You also may ask for a hearing by calling or writing to: Justin fryer, School superintendant po box 593 lisbon, nd 58054 phone 701-683-4106.
  11. May I apply if someone in my household is not a U.S. citizen? Yes, you or your child(ren) do not have to be U.S. citizens to qualify for free or reduced price meals.
  12. WhoM should I include as members of my household? You must include all people living in your household, related or not (such as grandparents, other relatives, or friends). You must include yourself and all children living with you.
  13. What if my income is not always the same? List the amount that you normally receive. For example, if you normally make $1000 each month, but you missed some work last month and only made $900, put down that you made $1000 per month. If you normally get overtime, include it, but do not include it if you only work overtime sometimes.
  14. We are in the military. Do we include our housing allowance as income? If you receive an off-base housing allowance, it must be included as income.
  15. My spouse is deployed to a combat zone. Is HIS/her combat pay counted as income? No, if the combat pay is received in addition to her basic pay because of her deployment and it wasn’t received before she was deployed, combat pay is not counted as income. Contact your school for more information.

For School Year 2022-2023 Reduced-Price Limits

Household Size 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Each Additional Person:
Yearly $25,142 $33,874 $42,606 $51,338 $60,070 $68,802 $77,534 $86,266 $8,732
Monthly $2,096 $2,823 $3,551 $4,279 $5,006 $5,734 $6,462 $7,189 $728
2x per Month $1,048 $1,412 $1,776 $2,140 $2,503 $2,867 $3,231 $3,595 $364
Every 2 Weeks $967 $1,303 $1,639 $1,975 $2,311 $2,647 $2,983 $3,318 $336
Weekly $484 $652 $820 $988 $1,156 $1,324 $1,492 $1,659 $168


If you have other questions or need help, call Nikki Kenyon or Jennifer Hehn at 701-683-4106


Lisbon Public School Child Nutrition Department

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.
Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

(1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

(2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or

(3) email: [email protected].
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.