Lisbon Public Schools has created a partnership with Valley City State University to offer Dual Credit courses to our students at a discounted rate, with courses taught by highly qualified LPS teachers and administrators and earned credits awarded through both LHS and VCSU.
Are you interested in earning college credit while still in high school? Save money and time and get ahead by enrolling in a college credit class today! Through Dual Credit classes, you can earn college credits while still fulfilling your high school requirements. Dual Credit classes are offered at Lisbon High School.
- Lower tuition for those classes taught here by one of our teachers
- Saves time by allowing students to get a jump start on earning college credits
- Ease into college classes in a comfortable, familiar environment with smaller class sizes
- The letter grade received in the course is the same and is posted on both the high school and college transcripts
- Fulfills a category for the North Dakota Academic Scholarship
- Obtain permission from parent/guardian
- Student must be in grades 11 or 12
- Recommend a minimum GPA of 3.0. Requests for dual credit enrollment by students who do not have a GPA of 3.0 will be reviewed on an individual basis by an authorized college representative in consultation with the high school administration
- College English I and II require ACT English sub-score of 18 or Accuplacer Next Gen – Writing score of 256
- College Algebra required ACT Math sub-score of 21 or Accuplacer Next Gen – Algebra score of 237 or Accuplacer Next Gen – QAS score of 255
- Apply online at VCSU or NDSCS (one-time non-refundable enrollment fee is $35 is required)
- Complete college Early Entry form (provided to you from your teacher or counselor)
- Complete the FERPA form (if enrolling in a NDSCS dual credit course)
- College Early Entry form
Courses offered at Lisbon High School with credit issued by Valley City State University:
Courses offered online through NDSCS:
Spring 2021 courses:
To learn more about the Rural School Partner Program visit the I Am A Rural Teacher website here.
If you have questions on dual credit offerings, please reach out to Mrs. Zahrbock, Mr. Adair, or our dual credit instructors.