The Lisbon Public Schools and the Community of Lisbon is very proud that we will have two groups of students representing us the 2019 ND K12 Technology Showcase. Congratulations to Mr. Richard Schmit and his 3rd graders for being chosen with their Broncos News. Congratulations to Mrs. Pierce and her middle school students for being chosen to display their SmartLab® projects. February 13 will be a great day in Bismarck for the Lisbon Public Schools.
Parents, grandparents, school board members, and anyone from the general public interested in seeing our young people in action are cordially invited to attend a K-12 Education Technology Showcase event.
The Showcase event is held every other year in conjunction with the 66th Legislative Assembly and is a stellar opportunity for North Dakota students to highlight best practices in education technology for legislative funding and policy decision makers.
This year’s event date is February 13, 2019 and will feature a variety of hands-on ongoing education technology demonstrations throughout the day. The event starts at 8:30 a.m. in the Great Hall of the North Dakota Capitol and concludes at 2:00 p.m.
The classrooms chosen to participate this year are . . .
- Alexander School – STEAM Focused Technology
- Bowman County Elementary School – Alive Studios
- Bismarck High Schools – Initiative, Inquiry, and Innovation
- Fargo Centennial Elementary School – Centennial’s Cardboard Capitol Arcade
- Grand Forks Central High School – Girls Who Code
- Lisbon Elementary School – Bronco Newscast
- Lisbon, LaMoure, and Litchville-Marion Schools – SmartLabs: Project Based Learning
- Hatton, Emerado, Aneta, and Northwood Schools – Thunder Robotics
- New Town Edwin Loe Elementary School – After School Lego Robotics
- Cando North Star School – Destination: Deep Space Robots
- Richland County Elementary School – Interactive Wax Museum
Classrooms were selected through a competitive application process where each application was screened and selected according to a list of criteria which include topic, best practices, and current trends in education technology.
Thank you to these sponsors for their contributions: EduTech, North Dakota ETC, North Dakota Department of Public Instruction, North Dakota Center for Distance Education, NICERC, Dakota Carrier Network, NDATL, NDSU, Microsoft, NDCEL, and Prairie Public Broadcasting.
The Showcase event is hosted by EduTech, the North Dakota Education Technology Council (ND ETC), and the ND Center for Distance Education.
Contact our EduTech Help Desk at [email protected] if you have any questions.
Follow the hashtag #ndtechshowcase on social media.