****Make sure to be checking the college websites for scholarships they have to offer. Some colleges have separate scholarship applications that need to be filled out for students to be considered eligible.
Eligibility: High school students planning to attend NDSU in the fall
Deadline: Deadlines vary – check now before any deadlines pass
Awards: Amounts vary
Website listing additional scholarships available for Seniors:
American Legion Auxiliary Scholarships
Visit these websites to learn more about scholarships sponsored by the American Legion — criteria and deadlines vary by scholarship
North Dakota Corn Growers Association Scholarship
Eligibility: Applicants are required to be a member of a North Dakota Corn Growers Association. Students memberships are available for high school students for $10.
Deadline: Postmarked by January 11, 2021
Awards: Ten $1,000 scholarships will be awarded
North Dakota Jaycee Senate Scholarship
Eligibility: Check the below website for more information
Deadline: Postmarked by January 22, 2021
Awards: Four $300 scholarships will be awarded
Nikhil Desai “Perspective” Scholarship
Eligibility: This scholarship is for anyone who has had one moment in their life shift their perspective and perception on what it means to live.
Deadline: February 1, 2021
ND Crop Improvement and Seed Association Scholarship
Eligibility: Resident of the state of ND and attend a ND school, applicant and/or guardian shall be a member of their respective county Crop (Ag) Improvement Association, applicant shall be a full time student (12 or more credits)
Application: https://www.ndcropimprovement.com/north-dakota-college-scholarships-awards/ — click on Freshman Scholarship
Deadline: February 15, 2021
Awards: Three $1,000 scholarships available to incoming freshmen
Valley City Aerie 2192 Eagles Scholarship
Eligibility: Seniors planning to further their education by attending a college or tech school during the 2021-22 school year. Applicant’s parents need not be members of Eagles Aerie 2192 for scholarship consideration.
Application: Available in Mrs. Zahrbock’s office
Deadline: February 28th but they encouraged early submissions – mail to address listed on application
Awards: Multiple scholarships will be awarded
Dickey Rural Network ReadiTech and FRS Scholarships
Eligibility: Visit the below website for more information
Deadline: DRN – February 28, 2021, FRS – March 5, 2021
Awards: Two scholarships will be awarded to Lisbon seniors at the local level with an opportunity to earn a national $2,000 scholarship in addition
Ransom County Farm Bureau Scholarship
Eligibility: Must be a graduating senior in high school at Lisbon, student plans to attend one of the following accredited post-secondary schools: 4 year college/university or 2 year college or vocational-technical school, must be pursuing a degree in an agriculture related field or explain how major will benefit ag, must plan to be enrolled full time, student’s parents/guardians must be current members of a county Farm Bureau in North Dakota (priority given to Ransom County Farm Bureau members)
Application: Available in Mrs. Zahrbock’s office
Deadline: Postmarked by March 1, 2021
Awards: $500 awarded to one Lisbon High School student
AgCountry Farm Credit Services Scholarship
Eligibility: From an actively farming or ranching family OR planning to pursue an agricultural career
Deadline: March 1, 2021
Awards: 36 $1,000 scholarships will be awarded
Search Engines and Scholarship Programs
- Scholar Snapp – A free, simple to use data standard that allows students to reuse their application information – including contact information, essays, transcripts, etc. – from one scholarship application to another thereby streamlining the college scholarship application process.
- Scholly – A mobile app that provides students with a fast and simple way to find scholarships for college. (Created by Christopher Gray, a Coca-Cola Scholar!)
- Peerlift – Proven scholarships, internships, summer programs, and more gathered by fellow students like you. (Founded by a team of 2017 Coca-Cola Scholars!) Learn more about the creation of Peerlift.
- Fastweb – Create a profile and let fastweb do the research on scholarships, internships colleges and more for you.
- CashCourse – Information that helps college students stay financially informed.
- Common Knowledge Scholarship Foundation – Educational and scholarship opportunities for students of all levels.
- Cappex – A free website where you can learn which colleges want you, before you apply and learn about more than $11 billion in merit aid scholarships.
- Scholarships.com– A free college scholarship search and financial aid information.
- Scholarship America – Provides information and resources for your scholarship search.
- KnowHow2GO – Complete information on college prep, whether in middle school or seniors.
- HS Finder (Hispanic Scholarship Fund) – Scholarship information for Latino students.
- Thurgood Marshall College Fund – Provides scholarships, programmatic and capacity building support to the 47 public Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs).
- Gates Millennium Scholars – Provides outstanding low income African American, American Indian/Alaska Native, Asian Pacific Islander American, and Hispanic American students with an opportunity to complete an undergraduate college education in any discipline they choose.
- Asian & Pacific Islander American Scholarship Fund – The nation’s largest non-profit organization devoted to providing college scholarships for Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders (AAPI).
- American Indian College Fund – Provides Native American students with scholarships and financial support for the nation’s 33 accredited tribal colleges and universities.
- Dell Scholars Program – Recognizes academic potential and determination in students that have a definite need for financial assistance.
- UNCF – Awards 10,000 students each year through 400 scholarship and internship programs so that students from low- and moderate-income families can afford college tuition, books and room and board.
- Chegg – A place to connect with scholarships and learn about colleges.
- Reagan Foundation Scholarships – Scholarship opportunities for outstanding student leaders.
- Goizueta Legacy Scholarship – Provides scholarships for the children of Coca-Cola employees.
- American Indian Graduate Center & AIGCS – The largest scholarship providers to Native students in the United States, awarding $15 million in scholarships annually and more than $200 million since inception. For almost 50 years, AIGC has funded students pursing undergraduate, graduate, and professional degrees in any field of study at any accredited institution of choice, working with over 500 tribes in all 50 states.